Monday, July 7, 2008

Bye Bye Diapers!


Ok so this is our exciting news, well for us anyhow. I have been trying to potty train Cassidy for what seems like forever. We would start and then she would fight us, she would have accident after accident, so we would stop for a while. Well last Monday I decided I would try again to get her out of diapers. So we started the fist day with telling her bye bye diapers and I just took them away and put on some underwear. She thought that was pretty cool, and did really good the first day, so I thought well she is ready, so I told her that if she would go in the potty then she could have a special day with grandma and go the zoo, and then after she could pick out any toy she wanted, Well she thought that was ever cooler, so she was going to get that toy. She did really good the first two days and then the 3rd she had more accidents, she would tell me and Aaron that she went to the potty yesterday and that she didn't have to go today. She is so funny, but we just kept telling her about the special day she was going to get and how big she was for going potty. So know here we are Monday a hole week since we started and she is going potty! Bye Bye diapers. We only use them at night. There is however one catch she has not gone number 2 in the potty yet, she is holding it, those are the only accident she is having. She knows she has to go but once on the toilet she just can't do it. So we will keep working on that and hopefully she catches on to that in the next couple weeks. But for the most part she is potty trained, she comes and tells me when she has to go potty, and we love not having to wear diapers. So Wednesday we are going for her special day I will post some pic of it then.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

woohoo! BIG GIRL NOW!!!! It's a great feeling to not have those darn diapers around! She will catch on with that number 2 thing! No worries!